1. If you like someone, wait.
2. Give lots of compliments, even if you’re shy. Everyone else is too.
3. Change. Get a haircut, try new perfume, get new sheets. Become better than you were before.
4. Eat healthier. Learn to cook something fancy.
5. Get up earlier and watch the sun come up.
6. Wear soft clothes, take a bath, drink something warm.
7. Meet someone new, even just a friend.
8. Become closer with your friends and your family. Call your mother. Cry with your best friend. Tell everyone how much you appreciate them.
9. Keep your room clean. Buy some candles. Let the natural light in.
10. Make a list of reasons why you’ll be better off without them. Believe they are true, because they are.
11. Listen to new music.
12. Write everything you’re thinking and feeling. Write letters. Write happy letters, sad letters, and angry letters, even if you’re never going to send them.
13. It’s okay to be sad, but not forever. Sadness is not as beautiful as music makes it seem. Lack of sleep makes your eyes droopy, not deep. Wake up every morning and tell yourself you’re going to have a good day.
14. Go to the library. Don’t forget to look in the music section.
15. Remove them from your life. Get rid of the things they gave you if they make you sad. They’re not worth it. You will never be happy if you continue to hold on to the things that make you sad.
16. Make new memories.
17. Try to find something to appreciate in everything you do or experience.
18. Being alone is okay, you don’t have to surround yourself with people.
19. Become your own best friend. Buy yourself coffee and drink it alone in a cafe. Take your time.
20. Learn to love every bit of yourself.
—How to feel better and become better by me
Before I met him, I would dance in the shower. When he was in my life, I would think about showering with him. After he left, I would sit on the ground in the shower and cry. When I got over him, I showered so quickly there was no time for dancing, fantasies or tears. Someone can invade the smallest parts of your life, you won’t even realize it until you dance in the shower again and wonder why you ever stopped.
You deserve the kind of love you would give someone else.
—A Message to My Followers and Everyone Else That Ever Reads This (#127: February 3, 2014)
Imagine your girlfriend taking photographs of you, not selfies, not “outfit of the day”, no Instagram bullshit. Actual photos. When you wake up, when you look at her, when you’re making love, when you’re cooking, when you’re taking a shower. Imagine if your girlfriend did that. This is a person who loves creating a visual documentation of the person she loves. You would cry at every picture she took because you know it’ll be purer than any other visual representation of yourself.
You didn’t love me. You just didn’t want to be alone.
People are so vulnerable at night. They’re willing to spill out their souls to anyone willing to listen. They have desires to do things that never cross their mind when the sun is in the sky.
Get rid of your boundaries and the universe is yours.
i know i reblog this a lot but fuckin look at it
To the Boys Who May One Day Date My Daughter - Video
the patriarchy extends into fatherhood once again in a display of ownership. sorry, dads, you don’t own your daughters.
^^^^^^^^^please shut up he’s defending someone he loves and the end theme is that the mother will be the one to deal with should their child be hurt by this person
I want someone childish. Childish but is mature enough to handle a relationship that is. It is always fun to be with someone who makes funny voices. Someone who hits me with a pillow. Someone who puts chocolates on her teeth. Someone who has a very cute laugh. Someone who can make my day better when it’s not. I just can’t resist someone with a kid-like personality. It’s like living with someone who has a great sense of humor. Living in a house full of love and laughter at the same time. Childish people turns me on. Because someone who can make me laugh is someone who I can live with for the rest of my life.
Rule # 12: Only three types of people tell the truth: kids, drunk people, and anyone who is pissed the fuck off.